MEET MONTANA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE:
Montana Christian College is a private, Baptist coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs. The campus is located in Kalispell, Montana, and the Association of Biblical Higher Education accredits the college to award associate and bachelor’s degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Montana Christian College may be directed in writing to the Association of Biblical Higher Education at 5850 T G Lee Blvd Ste. 130, Orlando, FL., 32822., or by calling (407) 207-0808, or by using information available on ABHE’s website (www.abhe.org). Please visit our accreditations page for more information on separate accreditation for specific programs.
ACCREDITATION AND LICENSURE
The ABHE Commission on Accreditation has placed Yellowstone Christian College on probation for failure to comply with the following accreditation standards:
· Standard 3: EE 7 (demonstrate with evidence full integrity in financial matters and in compliance with applicable legal and governmental regulations);
· Standard 5 (demonstrate with evidence that the institution has a team of administrators that brings together its various resources and allocates them to accomplish institutional goals)
· Standard 5: EE 4 (documentation of administrative leaders with education, experiences, and competencies appropriate to the discharge of their duties and the level of education offered)
· Standard 5: EE 6 (documentation of established written policies and procedures to promote effective operations)
· Standard 6b: EE 1 (demonstrate with evidence financial stability documented by an independent opinioned audit for the 2020-2021 fiscal year);
· Standard 6b: EE 7 (demonstrate with evidence adequate internal controls to safeguard assets, including ensuring the adequate training and knowledge of personnel to prepare and thoroughly implement GAAP-based financial procedures).
The institution retains accredited status with ABHE during this probation period. It will be subject to periodic monitoring, including progress reports and/or focused visits by Commission on Accreditation staff or evaluation teams. Should the institution fail to correct the identified deficiencies within two years, the Commission on Accreditation must take adverse action against the institution and remove its accreditation status. Where there is sufficient progress, the Commission on Accreditation may grant a one-year extension of accreditation for “good cause” to allow the institution to demonstrate substantial compliance with the Standards for Accreditation.
The Association for Biblical Higher Education accredits Yellowstone Christian College (YCC). (ABHE 5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822; 407.207.0808). Yellowstone Christian College is accredited to grant degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels.
The state of Montana College System authorizes Yellowstone Christian College as of April 29, 2016.
Yellowstone Christian College is a member of the Association of Southern Baptist Colleges and Schools.
Yellowstone Christian College, through an agreement with regionally accredited Miles Community College, Miles City, MT, offers fully accredited general education classes on the YCC campus.
These academic standards ensure that a degree from Yellowstone Christian College will be recognized by educational, business, and professional communities.
COMPLAINTS AGAINST YELLOWSTONE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Individuals with complaints regarding Yellowstone Christian College have the following options:
- Utilize the internal complaint processes of the applicant institution.
- Complaints concerning consumer protection violations should be directed to the Montana Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection. https://dojmt.gov/consumer/consumer-complaints/
- Complaints concerning proper licensure under Montana law (see Board of Regents Policy 221, http://www.mus.edu/borpol/bor200/221.pdf), including, if applicable, complaints related to State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement standards, may be directed to the Montana University System Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education, 560 N. Park Avenue, PO Box 203201, Helena, Montana 59620-3201, 406-449-9124.
- Complaints concerning broad institutional academic practices, such as those that raise issues regarding the institution’s ability to meet accreditation standards, may be directed to ABHE using the following form: https://www.abhe.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Complaint-Form.docx